If there is a right word to describe our island, we can simply say that it offers the chance to our visitors to enjoy their holidays in a moonlike volcanic landscape but with all kind of facilities and attractions they might need for their leisure time, without missing a wide selection of nice sandy beaches, which of course you cannot find at the real Moon.
We feel proud of the Island and our visitors will realize why, when down here:
Lanzarote is one Biosphere Reserve awarded by UNESCO. It has more than 40% of the territory surface and coastal areas protected and declared National or Natural Parks. But being an popular Tourist Destination whole year round, we have a huge hotel selection with an excellent price/quality relation matching all kind of demands.
The yearly average temperature is 22 Cº and we have 300 sunny days per year, otherwise how can you explain Spanish Royal Family has one of their few Official Holiday Residences here on Lanzarote, being regular visitors, as well as many international personalities, looking for a holiday destination with something more than sun and beaches!
- January 1st: New Year
- January 6th: Epiphany
- February / March: Carnival Tuesday (changes every year)
- Holy Thursday and Good Friday (date varies but its usually on April)
- May 1st: Labour Day
- May 30th: Day of Canary Islands
- August 15th: Assumption of the Virgin Mary
- September (3rd Friday): Patron Saint of the Island (Virgen de la Peña)
- October 12th: Columbus Day
- November 1st: Day of all Saints
- December 6th: Constitution Day
- December 8th: Immaculate Conception
- December 25th: Christmas
1. Timanfaya National Park , also known as The Fire Mountains
2. Los Jameos del Agua – Espectacular Volcanic Setting
3. La Cueva de los Verdes – One of the largest volcanic caves in the world.
4. Mirador del Rio – Breathtaking views and architectural masterpiece
5. El Golfo – Volcanic Nature at his best , used for some Hollywood Films in the past.
6. La Geria – The most impressive wineyards in the world
7. La Graciosa and Northern islets – Untouched Archipelago declared Natural Park
8. Papagayo Beaches – The best preserved virgin beaches on the Canary islands
9. Famara Beach – Paradise for wind , kite and surfers from all over the world
10. Teguise – Former capital of the Island keeping all the charming from the past
- Just bring your swimsuit and the only health protection you will need is a proper aftersun.
- Our currency is the Euro, being Spanish Territory into the European Union.
- Lanzarote offers all the facilities of a modern city area without the inconvenience of our stressed urban way of life.
- Population is only above 100.000 inhabitants, but we have a large number of visitors the whole year round, reaching an impressive number of more than 1 million tourists per year .
- Religion is Roman Catholic and official language is Spanish with the characteristic smooth Canarian accent, quite close to Spanish Caribbean accent, due to its long historical links with Latin America.
- Lanzarote also offers perfect communications, transportation and medical services, as well as professionally trained Hotel staff.
It’s the only place in Spain, where living houses outside walls must be painted in white (especially on the country side) to transmit clean and traditional image of the villages.
At the same time, those huge billboards ads disturbing the view when driving on roads are forbidden here, making the journey view through the Island being relaxing and charming.
The Island is well known for being used as Movie Set for its dramatic landscapes, being last example the Pedro Almodóvar movie “Los Abrazos Rotos” with Penelope Cruz among others.
It´s also the place in Europe with the record in Car Commercial Ads filmed on the spot , thanks to our volcanic landscapes.
Lanzarote has been and still is home of very famous personalities , like late King Hussein of Jordan, Omar Sharif , Nobel winner José Saramago, Vaklav Havel, Opera Tenor Alfredo Kraus and of course The Spanish Royal Family.
- Tour of the Volcanoes (walking over the Fire Mountains).
- North of the Island - Journey to the center of the Earth (Impressive volcanic caves) A day at La Graciosa Island – Our particular anti stress medical prescription.
- Lots of Sea activities and excursions for the whole family – (Sailing , surfing , diving, snorkeling , Submarine diving , fishing trips, etc , etc).
- Wine and Gastronomic Trips (leave the driving license at the hotel).
We have a huge selection of hotels , from 5 stars Gran Lux to economical budgeted accommodations, impossible to list here, but as few examples we mention :
- The Gran Melia Salinas & Villas (5 stars Lux) in Costa Teguise
- The Suitehotel Princesa Yaiza (5 stars Lux) in Playa Blanca
- The Fariones Hotel Group (4 stars) in Puerto del Carmen
- The Luabay Lanzarote Resort (4 stars) in Costa Teguise
- The Seaside Jameos Playa Hotel (4 stars) in Puerto del Carmen
- The H10 Timanfaya Palace Hotel (4 stars) in Playa Blanca
And then hundreds of Hotels, Resorts, Apartments, Private villas, Rural houses, etc.
We offer all kind of transfers to and from Lanzarote Airport and harbours to all destinations spread thru the Island. We provide all kind of vehicles (Coaches, Minivans, Taxis, limousine, etc).
Those transfers can be escorted and assisted by our reps upon customer requirements.
As well we can organize all kind vehicle rental with the most competitive rates and premium brands companies.
Most of the higher standard Hotels, do offer facilities and premises for groups, like incentives, congress, meetings and all kind of especial events.
They do provide sufficient capacity Conference and Meeting Halls, with modern technical equipment, well trained Staff, etc.
In each Resort of the Island the variety of restaurants, shops and other facilities for making our stay more pleasant it´s way too long to write down here, but its logical to mention that being an Island, it’s a must to pay a visit to a Restaurants specialized in local fresh fish, where satisfaction is guaranteed.
A good example which means also a nice trip to one of the most beautiful spots on Island in the small tiny village of El Golfo, where you can find dozens of them.
But if you are missing some international cuisine, there will be no problem to find almost in every corner a good Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Indian or Mexican Restaurant and in an emergency case McDonalds or Burger King can be found easily.
We recommend you to check with our local staff for the best recommendations on the spot.
For shopaholics, we do still have the advantage of a low taxation system, which allows you to find excellent bargains in Tobacco, Perfumes, Electronic devices, etc; and for fashion victims do not forget the world famous Zara, Mango, Cortefiel, Timberland and many boutiques and shopping malls selling top class clothing brands located in different areas of the Island, including The Royal Street in Arrecife , the Island Capital.
- Carnival – The world famous Canarian Festival Weeks, with celebrations on each Island and of course also in Lanzarote , has become the top of the Celebrations. You will feel like in Brazil, but without jetlag.
- Music and Theater shows through the whole year. Special Events with occasion of the National Holidays from our visitors countries, like Saint Patrick´s Day, Oktoberfest, Saint George Day, etc.
- Busy Agenda of Music Concerts at the Natural Auditoriums built into the Caves on the North of the Island with its fantastic acoustic conditions.
- The Worldwide famous Lanzarote Triathlon, known as The Ironman, the toughest sport competition in the world, usually held on second Saturday of May every year.
- The Lanzarote International Marathon, held in first week of December.
- The RAC Sailing Week, one the most important World Sailing competitions (September or October )
- The Pilgrimage of Our Lady of the Volcanoes, mid September.