Fuerteventura, known as the quiet island, is 1.658 km2 in extension, and the lowest of the Canary Islands. It owes 13 protected natural areas where you can practice trekking, mountain bike, jet skiing, snorkeling, or just let yourself go where your feet take you...
Enjoy more than 150 kilometers of beaches, a turquoise ocean of crystal clear waters that invite you to plunge into them, soft white sand, beaches of rough black volcanic sand, small and peaceful unexplored coves, great expanses of dunes,… and above all, mild temperatures the whole year round.
Discover its inland landscapes, rural and quiet, dotted with small Majorero villages of centenary history and culture, as well as its small charming fishing villages in the coast, all of them full of life and traditional flavour. You will feel that time stands still and where you will hear the sound of silence!
- January 1st: New Year
- January 6th: Epiphany
- Holy Thursday and Good Friday (date varies but its usually on April)
- May 1st: Labour Day
- May 30th: Day of Canary Islands
- August 15th: Assumption of the Virgin Mary
- September (3rd Friday): Patron Saint of the Island (Virgen de la Peña)
- October 12th: Columbus Day
- November 1st: Day of all Saints
- December 6th: Constitution Day
- December 8th: Immaculate Conception
- December 25th: Christmas
- Natural Park “Dunes of Corralejo”
- Tindaya's Holy Mountain
- Beaches of Jandia
- Natural Park of Jandia - Cofete
- Betancuria, former capital of the island.
- Lobos Island, Natural Park.
- Ajuy's Caves
- Tiscamanita – The largest Aloe Vera plantation in Europe.
- Pajara's Church, with its Aztec facade
- Lighthouses of the island.
The island has a population of about 103.167 inhabitants. In Fuerteventura, temperature is high all the year round, so that sunscreen is necessary, as well as the use of hats and sunglasses are recommended.
The unit of currency is the Euro (€) as most of the countries in the European Union.
In most of the beaches of the island, nudism is allowed.
Fuerteventura will surprise you for the diversity of its flora and fauna. In the air, the endemic avutarda (great bustard), the guirre (Majorero vulture) and the migratory birds that use the coastline as a staging post. Palm trees, salt cedars, gorse bushes, spurge, matos (lavandula canariensis), brusquillas (cassia tora), tebetes (patellifolia webbiana), saladillos marinos (policarpea nivea)… local to the Canary Islands, make up the Fuerteventura flora.
In the sea, the specific salinity, ocean currents and water temperature provide a home for more than 390 marine species. On land, donkeys, and camels inhabit the island, together with the unique goats, which provide great quality milk to produce our well known and awarded “Majorero” cheese in all its varieties (fresh cheese, paprika or “gofio”).
National Park “Dunes of Corralejo”
a dune desert in a beach more than 8 kilometers long.
Historical Center – Betancuria
a former capital of the island, considered as a historic-artistic whole by UNESCO.
Natural Park “Lobos Island”
an islet of about 4.5 km2 with more than 130 plant species and several species of birds. Its seabed contains a great ecological diversity, so that it has been declared as an underwater reserve.
Gran Tour de Fuertevetura
guided visit by bus through the most interesting points of the island.
Great variety of maritime excursions
which offer tours along the southern coast, to Lobos Island or to Lanzarote, where you can see whales, dolphins, seabed life, nice landscapes and swimming or snorkeling.
Diving, kayak tour, speed boat, jet ski, fishing boat, trekking, snorkel safari...
Oasis Park, La Lajita
Baku, Corralejo. (only at the summer time)
- Aloe Club Resort Apartments 2 keys: a wonderful holiday complex, with splendid views of the Natural Park “Dunes of Corralejo”. Good value for money.
- Grand Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real Grand Luxe 5*: situated in one of the most beautiful parts of the island, directly on the seafront near Corralejo Natural Dune Park, and with wonderful views of the islands of Lobos and Lanzarote.
- Corralejo Beach 4*: a resort just 2-minute walk from the beach, which makes it the perfect place to enjoy the amazing coastline of this island.
- Barceló Corralejo Bay 4*: an adult-only hotel, widely awarded, where customers can enjoy the spacious rooms and elegant common areas in addition to excellent facilities including a wellness center.
Caleta de Fuste
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa 4*: recently built, is perfectly located right on the beach in a beautiful area of the island.
- Elba Palace Golf 5*: exclusively for adults, is located at the heart of a golf course, which makes it a uniquely attractive destination for those looking for peace and quiet and guaranteed year-round sea and sunshine, as well as for those interested in water sports and golf.
- R2 Bahía Playa 4*: maximum comfort in this hotel of modern design, situated on the beachfront in a quiet and friendly village. Just for adults.
- R2 Río Calma 4*: built in a colonial-style at the heart of a 16.000 m2 garden in front of the sea, this hotel offers amazing views of the southern beaches of the island.
- Meliá Gorriones 4*: located in privileged natural surroundings, classified as a protected natural area. Its idyllic location makes it ideal for a thoroughly relaxing vacation break.
- SBH Taro Beach 3*: relaxing entertainment and privileged location at Costa Calma, directly on the long white sand beach and only a few meters from the shopping center.
- SBH Costa Calma Palace 4*: luxury and elegance, health and beauty treatments in our Thalasso Center and our gastronomy make the Costa Calma Palace Hotel an ideal location to spend your vacation.
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas 4*: this modern hotel overlooking the ocean in Playa Jandía has all the ingredients for enjoying an unforgettable holiday in Fuerteventura: an environment of great beauty and relax; spacious and comfortable rooms; and an exquisite Canarian gastronomy.
- Barceló Jandía Playa 4*: opposite the spacious beach of Jandía, this hotel
- is with any doubt the best option for those wanting to enjoy sun and sand in the Canaries.
- Riu Palace Jandía 4*: this hotel is next to the beach and offers a marvelous view to the beach of Jandía with turquoise water and fine sand. There is no better way to enjoy an exclusive and perfect service. for some relaxing vacations.
We offer individual and collective transfers from the Airport/Harbour to the different touristic areas and its respective hotels, and viceversa.
Our services to/from includes:
- Airport/Harbour – Hotel – Airport/Harbour
- Sport Transfers
- Adapted Transfers
- Or any type of transfers which can be requested.
We work to meet the needs of any customers in managing MICE events...
As an incoming agency, our operating systems permit us to respond quickly and comprehensively to all matters which can be arised in all the phases of organization. Our department includes all the services such as transports, reservations, excursions, tours or any business or commercial activity suggested by the client. As a team, we work in the same direction so that the initiation, development and implementation is carried out with maximum efficiency.
Fuerteventura offers a variety of interesting conference centers which are equipped with the latest technology.
- Casa Andrés (El Cotillo)
- El Beletén (Corralejo)
- El Labrador (Casillas del Ángel)
- La Bodeguita (Caleta de Fuste)
- Los Caracolitos (Las Salinas)
- Mahoh (Villaverde)
- El Horno (Villaverde)
- Cofradía de Pescadores (Gran Tarajal)
- El Brasero (Tarajalejo)
- El Tenderete (Punta de Jandía)
- Corralejo: CC. Las Palmeras y CC. El Campanario
- Pto. Del Rosario: CC. Las Rotondas
- Caleta de Fuste: CC. Atlántico, CC. El Castillo y CC. Los Arcos
- Costa Calma: CC. Sotavento, CC. El Palmeral, CC. Bahía Calma, CC. La Plaza.
- Jandía: CC. Cosmos y CC. Ventura
- Caleta de Fuste (El Castillo)
- Costa Calma
- Morro Jable
- Puerto del Rosario
- April: Agriculture, livestock and craft fair – FEAGA, Pozo Negro.
- May: Craft Fair, Antigua
- July: FuerteMusic, El Cotillo.
- July – Agust: International Championship of Windsurf & Kitesurf, Costa Calma.
- September: International Open of Fishing, Gran Tarajal.
- September: Patron Saint of the island – Virgen de la Peña, Vega de Río Palma.
- July: Our Virgin Carmen, patron of the fishermen, in Corralejo, Giniginamar and Morro Jable.
- June: Our Virgin El Tanquito, El Cardón.
- October: Saint Miguel, Tuineje.